Monday, March 21

The Courtney arrives

We've been in India for 2 months now, and just as we're getting homesick, we've been joined by the amazing Courtney Schroeder. Yes!! We greeted her at the airport wearing absurd headgear (we know, we know, shocking to all) and performed a hastily composed guitar ditty entitled "Courtney Smells Bad." We stayed up late into the night catching up on her gossip and feasting on the baby carrots and hummus and Reese's that she had brought halfway around the world for us. Tomorrow, Rahul shaves off the 1st piece (heh heh) of his month-old beard and we rock the Taj Mahal. Then, back to the Himalayas. For everyone else out there even slightly tempted to come meet us somewhere this year, we say "Hell Yeah!" We promise to compose a song all about you for your arrival, as long as you bring us chocolate.

---rahul and meg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys, are you there? Do you read these comments? Do you get e-mail too? I am a blogging neophyte ... but I have big news. I got into Berkeley (Haas) for b-school and will be moving there for math camp staring Aug 8th. I hope you guys make your way there too before too long. Also, I AM going to the Alps and then Greece in May and will have a week or two after May 28th to do something else (Turkey?) Any chance of meeting up with you two. I promise to bring chocolate. Maybe even Swiss chocolate.

smooches, I miss you and your crazy wigs. xo amy d

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude Rahul -- just when I thought I had tightened up my selection of favorite hairband songs, I am driving through a snowy Wisconsin night to a hotel in the middle of nowhere (because business trips are glamorous) and suddenly, the radio bursts forth with the glam-band-worthy riffs of Poison's "Fallen Angel." A new one to add to my IPOD selection. This morning at the gym, after listening to Fallen Angel three times, I followed it up with Fleetwood Mac "Go Your Own Way," and I remembered how the Mac played for Clinton's inauguration, and I remembered when life in this country made sense - ah, the hope, the optimism, the promise of the mid 1990s...

Keep having crazy times, keep up the shout outs to Morningside Heights cuisine, and remember, in the words of Bret Michaels, to roll the dice.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case Meg is checking this and not Rahul, I just sent Rahul an email today (5 Apr) with a question that I hope he can answer in like the next day or so (although I understand if he doesn't get it). So, if you see this, tell Rahul to check his mail!

-sean

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home